15 Best Electric Shavers For Cats
If you are a proud cat owner, you are well aware of how tough it is to keep your feline friend's coat in pristine shape. Long-hair cat owners are all too familiar with the labor of cat care.
Grooming a cat once or twice a week is normally necessary to keep their fur looking healthy.
The trouble is that no matter how much and how frequently you care for your cat's fur, it can still become tangled.
You may avoid this hairy mess by taking your cat to a groomer. A weekly charge from a professional groomer, on the other hand, can soon pile up.
Furthermore, most cats despise traveling and going to the groomer. If this describes your scenario, you might consider investing in a good pair of cat clippers to keep your pet happy and tangle-free.
When looking for the finest cat shaver, keep in mind that the quality of one product can differ drastically from another.
Without further ado, here is a list of the top cat shavers on the market right now.
- It can be used as a corded or cordless clipper.
- Lithium-ion battery with long life
- 90-minute run time
- ‘5 in 1’ knife
- During operating, it is quite silent.
- Charging time of 60 minutes
- One year warranty
The strong lithium-ion battery is what distinguishes this shaver from the popular Wahl ARCO model. This battery gives the Bravura a longer battery life as well as a faster charging time.
Check out the ARCO if you’re searching for a less expensive choice from the trusted Wahl brand.
While the Bravura is slightly more expensive, it features a stronger motor and a longer run time than lesser variants. The Bravura is likewise well-designed and simple to use.
It is a fantastic shaver for both beginners and seasoned professionals. The quick charging period makes it perfect for cat owners who have many cats.
In addition to all of these excellent qualities, the Bravura can run while still plugged in. This offers it an advantage over competitors, who must be completely charged to operate.
Overall, this is a good and adaptable cat shaver that is suitable for cats with any length of hair.
- It runs silently and quietly, with minimal noise or vibration.
- Its cordless/corded configuration allows it to be used anywhere.
- It includes a comb and a cleaning brush.
- The pricing is slightly greater than that of other corded variants.
- Only a few accessories are included in the kit.
- When utilized for an extended period of time, the device becomes slightly warm.
- Low-vibration motor that is quiet.
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Excellent for all cat breeds, including those with thick coats.
- Six comb guides are included.
- Charges are completed in 80 minutes.
- It has an 80-minute running time.
The oneisall shaver is an ideal choice for cat owners who are on a tight budget but yet want a high-quality shaver.
This model comes with a lithium-ion battery, which is uncommon in this price category. This kit is perfect for cat owners of all breeds and types, especially those with long or unmanageable hair.
The kit also contains six various length comb guides, a blade cleaner and oil, and a stainless steel comb suitable for daily usage. This shaver only makes a 50 dB noise, ensuring a peaceful and comforting trim for your worried cat.
This model lasts for 80 minutes and takes 80 minutes to fully charge. This budget shaver is excellent value for money due to its long-lasting lithium-ion battery, lightweight design, and strong engine.
- Design that is portable and lightweight
- Many accessories are included.
- Quiet and simple to use
- It lasts 80 minutes.
- While this shaver is ideal for home usage, many professionals find it lacking in power.
- It can take up to 80 minutes to fully charge.
- Both the blade and the drive cap are detachable.
- Dual-speed technology is included (Between 2700 and 3400 strokes per minute)
- The on/off button is locked.
- The 14-foot heavy-duty cord
- The rotary motor is completely sealed on the inside and operates relatively cool.
The Andis ProClip 2 is intended to be effective on a wide range of cats with varying fur lengths and coat types. This is another shaver that is ideal for pet owners who have multiple furry companions.
The powerful rotary motor system can handle both short and long-haired cats, as well as anything in between. In fact, these ultra-durable cutters can also be used on other household animals.
This type is ideal for many pet homes due to its high-speed motor and easy-to-change blades.
Users can use both Ceramic Edge and Ultra Edge blades with the replaceable blade system, which is ideal for cats with varying hair lengths.
This shaver is very simple to use and will not pull or tug. While the price may be a little excessive for an inexperienced groomer, this model is of the highest quality and stands out among its competitors.
- A meticulously designed rotary motor system
- It is safe to use on several pets.
- Its two-speed choices and interchangeable blades make it very adaptable to any hair length.
- There are no combs or accessories included with the basic model.
- The string may be a touch too thick for beginners, making it more difficult to groom rebellious cats.
- Complete kit with a variety of protections and accessories
- A high-quality shaver at an inexpensive price.
- The Powerdrive motor is powerful while remaining quiet.
- Trims easily and without pulling fur
The Wahl Clipper Pet-Pro is a complete grooming equipment that is ready to use straight out of the box.
The kit comes with a variety of guiding combs, style combs, a mirror, oil, cleaning brush, and a powerful yet silent shaver.
This is not only a low-cost choice, but it is also ideal for people who want to style their cat’s hair with the varied length guide combs. But don’t be fooled by the price. This is still an excellent kit.
The blade is made of high-quality carbon steel blades that self-sharpen. These blades will stay sharp for a long time without needing to be sharpened.
The supplied guide combs also make trimming your cat’s fur to the appropriate length or style a breeze.
The guiding combs also ensure that you trim your cat’s fur to the appropriate length in one stroke, so your scared cat will be finished and back to hiding under the couch in no time.
The Powerdrive motor is powerful enough to manage thick or long hair while remaining quiet and delicate enough for picky felines. This offers a comfortable and quiet trim for your cat.
- Out of the box, it includes a complete kit and a plethora of extras.
- Quiet but powerful enough to complete the task fast
- Price is really reasonable.
- It may not be strong enough for cats with matted or unclean fur.
- It is only available in corded form, so it is not portable.
- Depending on the type of fur, the blade automatically adapts.
- The motor’s longer life is rated for up to 10,000 hours of continuous use.
- The ergonomic design is well-balanced and produces little vibration.
- Operates at speeds ranging from 3,000 to 3,700 SPM
- The shaver comes with a set of high-quality Ultimate Competition Series blades.
You’re in luck if you’re having trouble trimming your cat’s filthy or matted fur. The Wahl KM10 is the ideal tool for overcoming a difficult grooming issue.
While this shaver is the most expensive on our list, it is made of high-quality materials. It has cutting-edge features that any groomer would appreciate.
Because of the adaptability of this model’s design, many groomers trust the Wahl KM10 in their own grooming parlors.
The constant speed control system is by far the best feature of this product (and the reason it is so pricey).
This function keeps the blade from becoming clogged by tough matting or long, unmanageable hair. The motor has unparalleled torque.
The blade is sharp enough to cut through even the most difficult and filthy hair mats.
This tool is the best shaver for matted or filthy hair because of the balance between strength and delicacy provided by the constant control system. Every time you use it, your kitty will appreciate you.
- With careful care, this long-lasting motor will last for many years.
- The low-vibration and ergonomic design eliminates fatigue and cramping.
- With ease and precision, it can handle even the most stubborn fur mats or clumps.
- The most costly model on our list by far.
- All extras must be purchased separately.
- The high torque of this model may be overkill for most regular trims and touch-ups.
- The long-lasting, self-sharpening blade is simple to clean.
- The Prodrive motor is designed to easily trim all hair types.
- Cordless or corded operation
- Very quiet and simple to operate
The Wahl Home Pet Pro Complete Kit is a simple yet powerful clipper intended primarily for in-home use.
This device works well and offers many of the features that home groomers are searching for. It is, however, not as powerful as the shavers listed above.
That isn’t to say that this isn’t a good shaver; it clearly has enough power to deliver a close shave, especially at this price.
One of the best aspects of this shaver is its versatility to function as both a corded and cordless model.
It also includes a self-sharpening blade that, with appropriate care, will endure for years. It is also made of high-quality stainless steel, so the blade will not need to be replaced very soon.
This model features a 45-minute charge time as well as a 45-minute run duration.
Many users don’t mind the short run time because it can also be used as a corded shaver. Just don’t plan on doing any extended work without a nearby outlet.
The Wahl Home Pet Pro Complete Kit comes with a guarantee from the Wahl family of goods as well as everything you need to groom your cat right out of the box.
It may not be the most powerful shaver on this list, but it comes with all the accessories you’ll ever need, as well as a high-quality shaver.
- Corded or cordless operation
- It comes with a full set of attachments and everything you need to groom your cat.
- Charging time is only 45 minutes.
- The brief running time of 45 minutes
- Not as powerful as some of the other shavers on our list.
- There are no adjustable speeds or power options.
- It works at a rate of 5,500 strokes per minute.
- Dual-charge battery packs are included.
- Charges are completed in 75 minutes.
- It has an 80-minute running time.
- The “5-in-1” changeable blades combine to make multiple shavers in one.
- There are four guide combs provided.
The Wahl ARCO Cordless shaver is a professional-grade gadget that would be found in the arsenal of any groomer.
Many people consider this to be one of the greatest and most versatile shavers available today. The Wahl brand has shown to be products that are constructed to last and are of great quality.
This shaver is both portable and lightweight. It can also function at a rate of roughly 5,500 strokes per minute, which is faster than most of its competitors.
The Wahl ARCO also operates at a cool temperature, keeping your cat comfortable and peaceful. The ARCO’s cordless design also eliminates the risk of tangles for you or your cat.
Cats, as any cat owner may confirm, are not known for their ability to stand still when required. Cats like to move, and these portable clippers are ideal for an active cat who can’t sit still.
You won’t have to confine your cat to a tiny room or harness when trimming, and for a cordless model, these trimmers are rather powerful.
The Wahl ARCO is not only a great shaver for routine trimming; it is also incredibly portable, powerful, and has a lengthy charging time.
- Extremely portable and ideal for active cats
- It has a long charge and stays powerful throughout.
- It is extremely adaptable and comes with four guide combs.
- Ideal for difficult-to-reach regions
- There are no further accessories included.
- Some people believe that the 5,500 SPMs are excessive.
- Two selectable speeds ranging from 3,000 to 4,000 strokes per minute
- Also works with various Oster brand A5 blades.
- Holding it is both comfortable and safe.
- It operates easily and silently.
For a variety of reasons, the Oster A5 is the finest pick for cats with long hair.
To begin with, it allows you to choose between 3,000 and 4,000 strokes per minute without sacrificing efficiency. This means it will easily cut through any stubborn or matted cat hair.
Second, it is powerful while remaining safe and user-friendly. The power actually increases the safety of this shaver by allowing the groomer to easily slide through even the roughest coat.
This shaver is designed with a high-quality motor that maintains its power trim after trim, without producing excessive noise or heat that will annoy your cat.
You will also experience no irritation or pulling as a result of the power of this shaver. You can be happy if your cat is happy.
The best thing about this shaver is how powerful it is while remaining efficient. Other shavers are simply insufficiently powerful to perform the task.
For long-haired or dense-furred cats, a powerful and safe clipper is required.
- This shaver’s strong motor makes it ideal for trimming any pet.
- The blade is quite sharp.
- This shaver is comfortable and long-lasting, and the housing stays cool even after longer grooming sessions.
- Additional blades are somewhat expensive.
- There are no guide combs provided.
How to Pick the Best Electric Cat Shaver
Shavers with Cords
Corded shavers are the most common type, and they provide excellent performance due to their steady power.
They do, however, require users to plug them into a wall outlet in order to function.
This may be inconvenient for some cat owners because the cord may become tangled or scare your cat while moving around.
Shavers without a cord
Cordless shavers are the modern equivalent of cat clippers. They are equipped with either a fixed or removable rechargeable battery pack.
These shavers are particularly useful because of their simplicity of use, but they are frequently less powerful than corded models.
Furthermore, like many rechargeable devices, they gradually lose their battery capacity. To get the most out of your rechargeable shaver, keep it charged at all times.
Shavers with Brushless Motor
Brushless tiny motors are more energy efficient than “brushed” DC motors. Brushless motor cat shavers are often more powerful than brushed motor cat shavers.
Kits versus Single Tools
Some of the shavers on this list come with an included package that includes tools such as combs, scissors, trimming guide combs, or brushes.
Other goods are single-tool shavers that do not come with any extras. If you buy the cat shaver without the accessories, you must buy them separately if you wish to use them.
Purchasing the Best Cat Shaver
After reviewing several reviews and detailing the top shavers in each category, it’s time to talk about which shavers are ideal for certain hair kinds and scenarios.
Is your cat’s hair constantly matted or tangled? Is your cat’s hair longer than average? These are critical things to ask when looking for the best shaver for your cat and your specific situation.
Can Human Clippers Be Used on Animals?
Although some pet owners have no reservations about using human clippers on their cats or other animals, there are a few reasons why it is not a good idea.
To begin, pet clippers and shavers are specially built to dissipate heat more effectively than human clippers.
Second, human cutters are much noisier, which may annoy your cat. It is preferable to choose clippers that are specifically developed for the density of cat hair and a cat’s characteristics.
What Is the Best Shaver for Matted Fur?
Long-haired cats have a higher incidence of matted or tangled fur than short-haired cats.
Even if they have gorgeous and delicate wispy hair when combed, it doesn’t take long for it to become a tangled mess again, especially if care is ignored.
These tangles and mats can be extremely uncomfortable for your cat, therefore they must be removed as soon as possible.
If you need to remove a clump of hair, use clippers or a grooming brush. The stainless steel brush included in the Bravura package is ideal in this case.
Make sure their skin is pulled flat while you clip out the knot, then slowly clip it out.
The best clippers for matted or unclean fur are cool and quiet, but powerful enough to complete the job quickly. A shaver like the Wahl KM10 is ideal for this task.
What Is the Best Shaver for Persian Cats?
Persian cats are another breed with long and dense hair. It is critical to pick a clipper that is powerful and long-lasting enough to manage so much hair.
Actually, any of the shavers on this list would be suitable for Persian cats. To manage the ongoing demand of thick and lengthy hair clipping, you’ll want one with a robust motor and plenty of torque, such as the Oster A5.
These shavers have powerful and long-lasting motors, making them the preferred choice of many professionals when dealing with Persian cats.
The dual-speed blades also enable precise cutting around the more difficult parts of your cat’s fur.
Both of these devices function at high rates, so it is best to take brief breaks every now and then to keep them from overheating and making your cat uncomfortable.
What Are the Best Shavers for Long-Haired Cats?
As previously said, any cat with long hair will ultimately develop mats or tangles. To avoid this, it is critical to groom them on a regular basis.
When choosing a shaver for a cat with long hair, make sure it doesn’t get too hot so your cat is quiet and comfortable. It must also be powerful enough to manage the thick fur.
The Wahl Bravura Lithium-ion Clipper is one of the most popular shavers for long-haired cats. It is quiet and cool to use, allowing for a quick and easy trim on long-haired cats.
The accompanying package also includes various comb guidelines to make styling fur simple and stress-free.
Temperament of Your Cat
When choosing the ideal shaver for your pet, keep their attitude and temperament in mind, especially in stressful times.
Even for well-behaved cats, grooming may be extremely stressful, so it is critical to choose which shaver will make the process as quick and painless as possible.
If you have an anxious cat or one who is known to claw when stressed, it is ideal to choose a shaver that is quiet, cool, and has a powerful engine.
When dealing with an obstinate cat, a shaver like the Wahl Clipper Pet-Pro is your best bet.
How Can I Keep My Hair From Matting?
Hair knots or matting appear to be nearly unavoidable in cats, particularly those with long hair. However, there are a few ways you may employ to keep your cat mat-free.
First, make sure your cat’s teeth and gums are in good condition. Your cat’s teeth are natural combs that they use to work out mats on their own.
Furthermore, it is advisable to establish a weekly grooming and combing routine. This will assist in catching minor mats and knots before they become an uncontrolled mess.
Special brushes that perform well on long-haired cats can be purchased at any pet store. A mat breaker will also quickly break through those difficult-to-manage knots.
Finally, caressing your cat more frequently will aid in the prevention of mats and tangles. Petting your cat will also assist to alleviate your stress.
It is also critical to ensure that your cat visits the vet on a regular basis to check on their food and overall health. You can also take your cat to the groomer once a month if you can afford it.
You obviously love and care about your cat; otherwise, you wouldn’t be concerned with getting the best clippers for their needs.
The best electric shavers for cats we’ve chosen are the best on the market today and will allow you to provide personalized care for your cat.
Based on our research and testing of the aforementioned items, BestForPets (bestforpets.org) recommends oneisall Pet Clipper Kit and Andis ProClip 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper as the two most renowned and respectable products for your consideration.
Investing in a good shaver will save you money on groomer appointments while also keeping your cat healthier by removing mats before they form.
Whatever shaver you choose, you can be confident that owning a great grooming tool will save you time and money while also bringing you and your cat closer together. ‘
If you want to spend more time grooming your cat, check out our guide to the best cat grooming gloves.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.