The 10 Best Dog Foods For Pitbull Puppies To Gain Weight
The American Staffordshire Terrier is the formal name for what we affectionately refer to as a Pitbull. Pitbulls are robust and athletic dogs with a distinct muscular physique. Despite their beefy appearance, most pitbulls are lively and a touch foolish. They even have their own club!
Pitbull pups have special requirements since they are so lively and strong. You'll discover reviews of the finest dog meals for Pitbull pups to gain weight down below.
In the BestForPets (bestforpets.org) Nutrition Guide, we've also split down the required proteins, lipids, carbs, and nutrients so you can make the best dog foods for pitbull puppies to gain weight. Continue reading below the evaluations to discover more about it and perhaps a little about your own diet!
- The primary components Soybean meal, rice flour, and chicken
- 28% protein content
- 13% fat content
- Calories per kilogram: 3,759
Purina offers high-quality puppy food at an affordable price. Purina is a well-known pet food company, and Purina ONE +Plus Natural High Protein Large Breed Formula for Pups is the finest dog food for Pitbull puppies to gain weight for the money.
It has at least 28% protein and high quantities of DHA, a mineral present in their mothers’ milk, to help pups grow healthy and strong.
Purina has supplemented this high-protein puppy chow with omega-6 fatty acids, as well as other vitamins and minerals, to promote eye health, cognitive development, strong teeth, and a lustrous coat.
While Purina ONE +Plus is one of the more cheap alternatives, it delivers all of the nourishment your developing pup requires without the use of artificial flavors or preservatives.
If it irritates your dog’s stomach, you may need to introduce this kibble more carefully than you would other dry kibbles.
- DHA (present in mother’s milk) is abundant.
- Nutritionists created this for optimal wellness.
- Bites that are both crispy and chewy
- Veterinarian advised
- It may induce stomach trouble.
- The quantity of chewy chicken chunks appears to fluctuate.
- The primary components Brown rice, chicken meal, chicken fat, dried plain beet pulp
- 32% protein content
- 22% fat content
- Calories per kilogram: 3,959
Dr. Tim’s Athletic Blend Glacier Formula is our top pick for Pitbull puppy weight gain. Dr. Tim Hunt is a seasoned musher who understands the physical requirements of active, large breed dogs.
He set out to design a cuisine that mirrored his Alaskan Huskies’ natural diet, which required a higher calorie and higher protein diet owing to their rigorous occupations. The Glacier Formula is the end outcome.
This mixture promotes muscular building in extremely active dogs, such as working dogs and your Pitbull youngster. This protein-rich dog food contains 89% high-quality protein obtained from animal sources.
It has no wheat, maize, or soy, but it does contain fish oil, which contains omega-3 fatty acids that help with brain development, heart health, and even shedding.
The high fiber content slows down how quickly your dog burns through the protein and calories, providing them more energy for longer periods of time.
Dr. Tim’s encourages extremely active dogs and will assist in muscular weight gain with the correct training plan.
- Protein and fat levels have been increased.
- Designed specifically for muscular building
- Excellent for delicate stomachs.
- It may result in unpleasant breath.
- Consistent exercise/activity is required.
- The primary components Whole grain barley, whole grain brown rice, chicken, chicken meal
- 26% protein content
- 14% fat content
- 3,636 kcal/kg calories
The first component of Nutro Ultra Large Breed Puppy is genuine chicken, followed by lamb and salmon. Some dog diets designed to help your Pitbull puppy gain healthy weight and grow lean muscle are designed for general wellbeing at all stages of life. Nutro Ultra Puppy concentrates solely on the first year of development.
Nutro has devised a combination of 14 superfoods that have been combined with high-quality animal proteins to create a dry kibble that delivers balanced nourishment with a 26% protein level.
That protein will help your large-breed puppy grow strong and healthy, while omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, as well as other nutrients, will aid with bone and tooth growth, cognitive development, and general health and wellbeing.
This recipe was recently revised with extra protein and fat, as well as more calcium, vitamin E, glucosamine, and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. It’s also a non-GMO dog meal made with ingredients from reputable growers.
- There are no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives in this product.
- Designed specifically for big breed pups under the age of one year.
- A combination of three animal proteins
- Kibble is bulky and may be too much for young puppies.
- Not all puppies enjoy the flavor.
- The primary components Beef, liver, byproducts of meat, and fowl
- 10% protein content
- 7.50% fat content
- Calories per kilogram: 1,278
Purina Pro Plan Sport High Protein wet food for pups contains 23 key elements and genuine beef as the first component. This protein-rich can includes antioxidants that improve the immune system as well as DHA, which promotes eye health and brain development.
It is particularly developed to foster a more active lifestyle while also providing a delightful manner for your Pitbull puppy to acquire the energy, protein, and healthy fats needed to convert fuel into lean muscle.
Purina Pro Plan Development and Purina Pro Plan Performance high-protein dry kibble puppy feeds complement our Vet’s Choice canned puppy food. While these foods may be fed to a number of breeds, they are especially beneficial to your active Pitbull as they increase in height and weight.
Purina products are manufactured in Purina-owned facilities in the United States and must pass stringent quality control requirements. They are created by a team of dietitians using extensive study to provide high-quality goods that pet owners can rely on.
- Large can size, bulk availability
- The first component is real meat.
- It complements Pro Plan dry food excellently.
- Ideal for finicky dogs
- Wet food may be lower in protein than kibble.
- It may result in loose stools.
- The primary components Chicken deboned, chicken meal, peas, dry ground potatoes
- 35% protein content
- 14% fat content
- Calories per kilogram: 3,619
Because of superfood ingredients like flaxseed, salmon oil, and spinach, Wellness CORE Grain-Free Large Breed Puppy Food includes DHA and a balanced list of nutrients.
Glucosamine, probiotics, and taurine are all beneficial to overall health, joint mobility, gut health, and brain development. Calcium and phosphorus provide your puppy with healthy bones that serve as a foundation for lean muscle.
This grain-free puppy food contains the most protein of any product on our list. This exceptionally high protein content may be good for developing strong muscles and assisting your Pitbull puppy in gaining weight, but it may not be optimal for puppies who do not get regular daily activity.
The additional protein and fat they ingest, if not converted into muscle, might cause health issues as they develop into adults.
Although Wellness CORE Grain-Free food does not include grains, it is manufactured in a facility that does. If your pet has a grain allergy, this may not be the ideal solution. Furthermore, not all dogs need a grain-free diet. Before making a change, consult with your dog’s veterinarian.
- The featured foods with the greatest protein content
- Glucosamine, probiotics, and other nutrients are abundant.
- Part of a series of puppy-specific meals, toppings, and treats.
- Consistent activity or exercise is required.
- Dogs may not consume all of the suggested feeding quantities.
- The primary components Rice, chicken, corn gluten meal, and whole grain corn
- 28% protein content
- 13% fat content
- Calories per kilogram: 3,934
The Purina Pro Plan High Protein Formula for Large Breed Pups, like the Vet’s Choice Purina Pro Plan Sport High Protein wet food for puppies stated above, provides appropriate nutrition for healthy growth. It is high in protein, which will help your dog build strong muscles and gain weight.
The High Protein Chicken and Rice dish promotes energetic dogs’ regular activity and rapid growth. DHA derived from high-quality fish oil promotes brain and visual development, while omega-6 fatty acids and vitamin A nourish their skin and coat.
Glucosamine will aid in the development of robust joints that will sustain them now and in the future. Your dog will appear as healthy and powerful as he or she feels.
Purina Pro Plan has a wide range of Pro Plan feeds available, including those for Sport performance, Focus, and other vet-approved diets. These meals, like as the high-protein Pro Plan, are created and manufactured in US-based, Purina-owned facilities, so you can have confidence in the food you’re feeding your growing pup.
- Puppies love this taste.
- Enhances concentration
- Wet food is also offered.
- This might result in gas.
- The primary components Lentils, tomato pomace, sunflower oil, turkey
- 30% protein content
- 15% fat content
- 3,670 kcal/kg calories
Taste of the Wild PREY Turkey recipe dog chow has only four basic components. In addition to turkey, lentils, tomato pomace, and sunflower oil are abundant in nutrients. Because the meal has only a few primary components and no grain, it may be gentler on your pup’s delicate stomach or advantageous if they are allergic to grains.
If your dog is experiencing any problems as a result of their diet, you should consult with your veterinarian before making the move.
Cage-free turkey accounts for the majority of the animal-derived protein content, although legumes are also a good source of protein. Legumes, such as lentils, are still being researched for concerns about heart disease in dogs.
Supplements are added to the meal to give naturally healthy nourishment. They get all of the vitamins, minerals, and additional advantages like probiotics that they need to develop strong and healthy.
Antioxidants, omega fatty acids, glucosamine, and DHA all work together to enhance eye, brain, skin, bone, and joint health.
- Protein derived from both animals and plants
- Only four major elements are allowed.
- Canine-specific, proprietary probiotics are included.
- Excellent for delicate stomachs.
- Kibble has a pungent odor.
Choosing the Best Food for Your Pitbull Puppy to Gain Weight Nutrition Guide
There are several options for your Pitbull dog. How do you pick the best one? How do you ensure your dog will acquire lean muscle while without gaining too much weight? Please continue reading to discover more about the best puppy nutrition.
Pitbull Puppies Require Special Nutrition
Pitbulls are one of the few breeds who are born athletes. They naturally develop muscle and are quite active and fun. They enjoy running, which is understandable considering the breed’s history and features. Pitbull puppies require the same dog diet as other puppies, but they also have additional needs to achieve healthy weight through growing strong muscles.
Protein is necessary for a dog’s overall health and development, supporting skin, hair, and nails. Pitbulls, who are muscular and lively, require more energy than other pups, as well as more protein in their food to build muscles as they move.
Protein in dog food is usually derived from animal products such as beef, chicken, and fish. Some foods, such as Taste of the Wild, contain plant-based protein derived from beans. All 10 essential amino acids required for optimal nutrition are found in high-quality protein.
For growth, the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) recommends a minimum of 22% protein in a dog’s diet. Increased protein levels in their food may aid in the development of healthy muscle, just as it does in humans who exercise and supplement their diet with protein.
EFAs, or essential fatty acids, are primarily omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These fatty acids aid in the development of the dog’s eyes and brain, nourish the skin and hair, aid in the absorption of other nutrients in the dog’s diet, and support internal activities on a cellular level.
They also offer the majority of the calories in dog food when compared to protein and carbs, and are mostly constituted of triglycerides. You may already be aware that your doctor examines your cholesterol levels, focusing mostly on triglycerides. They develop as a result of eating too much fat and not exercising enough to burn it off.
Crude fat in dog food is necessary since EFAs have several health advantages, particularly for developing pups. However, consuming too many of them without getting adequate exercise might be detrimental. It is critical to select foods with the appropriate fat composition for your Pitbull’s activity level.
Carbohydrates provide energy, and your dog already has plenty of it. Furthermore, much like people, they will require frequent workouts to acquire the lean muscle needed to grow weight. A high-carb diet may be required to help your Pitbull develop into a healthy, muscular adult dog.
Carbohydrates are a source of glucose, which produces the fuel that dogs require to keep active and generate heat. Assume they do not consume enough carbohydrates in their diet to generate the glucose required to sustain their activity level. In such situation, their body will begin constructing it from amino acids, which are required proteins.
Fiber is necessary for intestinal health and may be obtained from carbs as well. Soluble and insoluble fiber are both required for digestive health and are obtained from carbohydrates in the diet. Some dog meals may also contain fiber or probiotics to help with digestive health.
Minerals and vitamins
Your developing Pitbull requires a variety of nutrients to be healthy. It’s hard to list them all, but the most significant ones to watch for are:
- Vitamin A is found naturally in fish oil, liver, and dairy products. For pups and dogs of all ages, the AAFCO advises at least 5,000 IU/kg DM. It promotes healthy eyesight, fertility, and skin, as well as a robust immune system.
- Vitamin D: This mineral is found in nature alongside Vitamin A. Because dogs cannot synthesize this vitamin, fortified food is required, albeit too much can be hazardous. Vitamin D aids in the absorption of other nutrients such as calcium and phosphorus, which are necessary for strong bones.
- Vitamin E: This nutrient is only found in plants and is an antioxidant that promotes general health by shielding the body from free radicals.
- B vitamins include thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, biotin, and folic acid, among others. Most B vitamins help the body get the most out of other nutrients by breaking them down and distributing them across the body. B vitamins can be found in a variety of foods and supplements.
Some dog meals contain supplementary nutrients. These extra ingredients are not required by the AAFCO, but you may want to consider them when selecting the finest dog food for your Pitbull depending on their needs.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants may aid in the reduction of inflammation and the maintenance of a healthy immune system. They are beneficial to dogs of all ages.
- Glucosamine: In senior dogs, glucosamine is often used to alleviate arthritis and joint discomfort. Including it in a puppy’s diet, on the other hand, may assist promote joint health early on and avoid complications later in life.
- Probiotics: Probiotics may aid dogs who have sensitive stomachs or who have frequent gas, loose stools, or diarrhea. The AAFCO calls these microorganisms “direct-fed microbials,” and they help or replace the ones that are present in your dog’s intestines. It is advisable to consult with their veterinarian about any underlying health issues and whether probiotics may be beneficial.
Ollie Fresh offers human-grade food that’s fresh from your fridge or freezer for the greatest overall dog food to help your Pitbull puppy grow weight. Purina ONE +Plus High Protein Large Breed Formula is an excellent deal for budget-conscious pet parents. Dr. Tim’s Athletic Blend Glacier Formula provides optimum nourishment for higher physical needs in high-energy and active dogs.
Nutro Ultra for Large Breed Puppies has a combination of three animal proteins that provide a variety of amino acid sources. Purina Pro Plan Sport High Protein, our Vet’s Choice from our reviews, is a tasty wet food that will help your Pitbull puppy gain weight and build lean muscle.
BestForPets (bestforpets.org) hopes our evaluations and guide assist you in finding the best dog foods for pitbull puppies to gain weight.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.