The 8 Best Dog Foods For Chow Chows
Who doesn't love the adorable Chow Chow? The Chow Chow is a medium-sized dog with short pointed ears and a thick, muscular coat. The breed is believed to have originated in Siberia or China and shares DNA with wolves.
Chows were bred as adapted working dogs by the ancient Chinese aristocracy and farmers. They helped in hunting, herding, and fighting in conflicts and were devoted friends. These powerful fangs can also pull sleds and have been raised and farmed for human food.
They were originally bred to be working dogs. However, they are not overly hyperactive or aggressive. They may live in an apartment or townhouse, but they need at least one daily walk to burn off excess energy. Having said that, these medium-sized dogs require a diet rich in protein, lipids, and carbohydrates.
To summarize, we chose Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Giant Adult Dry Dog Food as our overall top selection for Chow Chow dog food owing to its high antioxidant content and nutrient density.
The Merrick Nutritious Grains Genuine Salmon & Brown Rice recipe, which is filled with real salmon and healthy grains, comes in second place.
The third runner-up dish is American Journey’s Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free, which is high in amino acids and ideal for dogs with digestive difficulties.
In fourth position is another Royal Canin formulation, the Puppy Appetite Stimulation Canned Dog Food formula. This recipe contains readily digested proteins and is ideal for little dogs that require a well-balanced diet.
The Annamaet 25% Medium & Large formula is our fifth choice since it is designed exclusively for bigger dogs. It includes omega fatty acids and other nutrients that aid in cognitive function and the development of lean muscular mass. There should be no trouble finding a decent formula for your Chow Chow, as there are plenty to pick from.
If your Chow has certain dietary demands, it’s essential to discover a recipe that can meet those needs exactly. Chow Chows in good health, on the other hand, merely require a diet packed in lean protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
BestForPets (bestforpets.org) hopes our evaluations and guide assist you in finding the best dog foods for chow chows.
- The primary components Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat, Brown Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal
- Min. protein content: 26.0%
- Minimum fat content: 18.0%
- 3958 kcal/kg calories
The meal provides a nutritious blend of fibre and readily digested proteins, which is essential for medium and big dogs that have stomach troubles or other digestive concerns. This heart-healthy supper will satiate your Chow Chow while also providing sufficient protein to encourage muscular building.
The Royal Canin Giant Adult Dry Dog Food is our overall top recommendation for Chows because it has a unique blend of antioxidants that can aid in the healing of damaged cells and the improvement of cellular health.
This formula was created primarily for giant breeds, and while Chows are designated a medium-breed dog, they may become rather enormous. The mixture also promotes bone and joint health and contains chondroitin, glucosamine, and omega fatty acids. It is the greatest all-around dog food for Chow Chows.
- Complete nutritional profile
- Excellent for bigger breeds.
- It contains omega fatty acids and glucosamine.
- The primary components Salmon, chicken meal, with brown rice
- 2.0% minimum protein content
- 16.0% minimum fat content
- Calories 396 kcal/cup or 3739 kcal/kg
Merrick Nutritious Grains Dry Dog Food is a combination of healthy protein and satiating carbs derived from grains. This meal promotes digestive health while avoiding lentils, potatoes, and peas. It also contains deboned salmon, which is wonderful for helping Chow Chows preserve and grow substantial muscular structure.
This dish is also high in omega fatty acids, which promote healthy skin and a lustrous coat. This is critical since Chows are a double-coated breed, and dry skin can lead them to shed excessively. Here’s a formula to consider if you’re looking for the most value for money.
- Prepared with deboned salmon
- Whole grains are nutritious.
- The omega-3 fatty acids
- There are few taste possibilities.
- The primary components Brown rice, millet, rolled oats, chicken meal
- Minimum protein content of 25%
- 14% minimum fat content
- 3887 kcal/kg calories
Annamaet Medium & Big Breed Dry Food is ideal for medium and large breed Chows. It includes marine microalgae and is high in omega-3 fatty acids.
It also contains L-Carnitine, which helps with cognitive function and the maintenance of lean muscle mass. Furthermore, this formula contains probiotics and prebiotics to help your Chow maintain a healthy gut microbiota.
This dish has high-quality ingredients, is cooked with genuine chicken, and incorporates nourishing grains for an overall well-balanced dinner. It’s also devoid of wheat, soy, and corn, which might be beneficial if your Chow has digestive difficulties.
- Aids cognitive function
- Excellent for a gleaming coat
- It contains important minerals as well as antioxidants.
- There are few alternatives.
- The primary components Chicken deboned, chicken meal, brown rice, barley, and oatmeal
- 24.0% min protein content
- 14.0% minimum fat content
- Calories: 3,618 kcal/kg (377 kcal/cup).
Blue Buffalo Adult Life Protection Chicken Dry Dog Food includes chondroitin and glucosamine, which both help the digestive tract and stimulate the formation of strong cartilage in the joints. The meal is easy to chew and rich in B vitamins, as well as vitamins C, D, and E.
Blue Buffalo is one of the top dog food brands on the market, and this meal is proof of that. It’s crafted with genuine chicken and contains nutritious grains including brown rice, oats, and barley. So, if you’re searching for a nutritious dog food formula for an older Chow, this one is well worth considering.
- Antioxidants and minerals abound.
- Excellent for finicky eaters.
- Recipe that is well-balanced
- This might result in gas.
- The primary components Poultry, Chicken, Rice, Whole Grain Wheat Meal Made from Byproducts
- Min. protein content: 26.0%
- 16.0% minimum fat content
- Calories: 4,038 kcal/kg (387 kcal/cup)
Another excellent dry food for Chow Chows. Purina Pro Plan High Protein Shredded Blend with Probiotics is a chicken-based food that is chewy and one of the best-selling meals on Amazon. This recipe contains actual shredded chicken, grains, and rice.
It’s also high in Omega fatty acids and vitamin A, which are important for skin and coat health in Chow Chows. It’s suitable for both young and senior Chow Chows, and it’s a high-protein mix that’s ideal for lengthy walks in the park.
- Real chicken is used.
- Beneficial to intestinal health
- Helps the skin and coat
- Additives may be present.
- There are few alternatives.
- The primary components Chicken, turkey, brown rice, and peas
- Minimum protein content of 24%
- 10% minimum fat content
- 3,425 kcal/kg, 506 kcal/cup
All Life Stages of Canidae Dry Dog Food is designed for all dog breeds at all life stages. It can serve as a complete meal on its alone, or it can be supplemented with wet food alternatives for bigger Chows. It has a good quantity of protein from turkey, chicken, fish, and lamb.
The mix also contains antioxidants and omega fatty acids, which help to decrease inflammation and promote healthy skin and a lustrous coat. It’s a veterinarian-created mix that includes all of the vitamins and minerals your Chow Chow requires for a healthy diet. The dish is also gluten-free, soy-free, and corn-free.
- There will be no soy, corn, or wheat.
- Supports obesity
- It contains omega fatty acids and antioxidants.
- Several tastes
- Ages are not specifically targeted.
- The primary components Whole Grain Wheat, Cracked Pearled Barley, Chicken
- 20.0% minimum protein content
- 11.5.0% minimum fat content
- 363 calories per 8-oz cup
Science Diet by Hill’s Large Breed Dry Food creates dog food recipes that are particularly designed to give a well-balanced diet, and this meal is no exception. It’s cooked with genuine chicken and healthy grains, and it’s packed with nutrients from start to finish.
It has a powerful antioxidant strategy that contains vitamins E and C, and it helps to boost robust immunity and overall health. Hill’s recipes are all manufactured in the United States and include no preservatives, artificial colors, or flavors.
Look no further if you’re seeking for a dog food brand that uses high-quality ingredients and cutting-edge recipes.
- Ingredients of superior grade
- High in antioxidants
- Meal that is well-balanced
- No synthetic colors or preservatives
- The primary components Turkey deboned, turkey meal, chicken meal, peas, and dried ground potatoes
- 34% minimum protein content
- 16% minimum fat content
- Calories per kilogram (3,698 kcal) or 417 kcal per cup
Dry Dog Wellness Core Natural Grain Free Food is especially high in protein and grain-free. So, if you have a huge or very active chow, try this recipe. It is high in Omega fatty acids, probiotics, and antioxidants. This formula is made with high-quality proteins, veggies, and fruits for a well-rounded meal.
There are no byproducts, corn, fillers, or soy in it. It is actually designed to give a terrific approach for your dog to gain lean muscle while also maintaining healthy skin and hair. So, if you’re seeking for a complete solution, look no further.
- Protein-rich formula
- Aids in constipation
- Antioxidants and minerals are present.
- Eye discomfort is possible.
- It contains a trace of garlic.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.