Because of its demonstrated efficacy in slowly progressing CKD, this supplement is the best overall kidney supplement for cats (chronic kidney disease).
Other products from the same brand are also associated with kidney health support, but this is the only one that functions as a phosphate binder.
Even when sick cats are on specially formulated kidney health diets with low phosphate, blood phosphorus levels might stay high.
This is caused to phosphate overabsorption. Chitosan and other phosphate binders bind phosphate cells, reducing the quantity absorbed through the gut wall.
This product has received rave reviews from customers who have used it as a kidney supplement with great success. It is also safe for dogs and cats, so if your dog eats your cat's leftovers when you're not looking, no harm will be done!
- Drawn from nature
- It can be used indefinitely.
- There were no documented side effects.
- It must be combined with food.
Vet's Best Chewable pills contain a variety of organically derived plant compounds that have all been shown to help with various aspects of kidney and bladder function, including cranberry, parsley, corn silk, and marshmallow root, to name a few!
Despite being rich with helpful nutrients, this product is also quite economical in terms of supplements. Many owners indicate that the tablet form is unpalatable, but that they may be broken and used as powder.
This medication is the greatest cat kidney supplement for the money because of its positive reviews, proven components, and reasonable pricing.
- Ingredients derived from nature
- It has no effect on drugs.
- It benefits the entire urinary system.
- Some pets dislike it.
- Crushing may be required.
This product frequently appears on top lists of cat renal supplements for good reason!
While this product is more expensive than our other options, it has received rave reviews for its effectiveness as a kidney supplement for many sick cats.
This product is well-balanced since it combines precisely produced components with naturally derived supplements.
The low liquid dose blends in practically unnoticeably with your pet's food; there have been few complaints of cats refusing this supplement.
- Delicious bacon flavor
- Ingredients derived from nature
- All ages are welcome.
- It is packaged in a tiny bottle.
This pill supplement is another top rated product that has received positive feedback for its ability to enhance renal function and overall well-being, including coat health and appetite.
The product's main ingredient, "AB070597," is a lab-created supplement derived from several amino acids. It doesn't have a fancy name, but it's approved and patented, and it appears to help cats with kidney problems quite well.
- Long storage life
- Additionally, it benefits the coat and appetite.
- Can result in allergies or sensitivities.
This all-natural supplement promotes kidney and urinary health, with a focus on UTIs and urine crystals. While natural extracts promote kidney health, their strong flavor may turn off fussy eaters.
- Ingredients derived from nature
- Both cats and dogs are safe.
- Appropriate for preventive supplementing
- Sensitive stomachs may be affected.
- Strong flavor is not suitable for finicky eaters.
Last update on 2023-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Cats with Kidney Disease
Kidney illness can affect cats of any age, but it is more common in cats over the age of 12. Many organs in a cat's body might get exhausted and ineffective as it matures, with the kidneys being the most prevalent.
Cat kidneys maintain homeostasis in the body by controlling water and electrolyte levels and eliminating waste from the circulation.
Excessive thirst and unusual urine behaviors, such as frequent and big volumes, are early warning signals. Toxins can build up in the blood and cause general disease and discomfort when kidney and urinary health diminishes.
Kidney supplements can help avoid kidney disease by preserving overall health and energy. Supplements, when combined with expert vet care, medication, and dietary changes, can help alleviate renal illness and failure.
Cats benefit from supplements because they provide critical nutrients for regular, healthy renal function. Many nutrients can help to reduce the inflammation associated with poorly functioning kidneys.
While supplements have their advantages, if your cat shows signs of disease or discomfort, you should seek specialist care from your veterinarian.
What to Look for When Purchasing Cat Kidney Supplements
- Low protein - While protein is necessary for a healthy metabolism, too much protein can put strain on the kidneys, contributing to the advancement of renal disease. Protein sources should not be added to supplements.
- Low phosphorus - Although the link between kidneys and phosphorus is unclear, lower phosphorus levels appear to mitigate the consequences of secondary disorders associated with renal disease.
- No additional sodium - excess sodium can make the kidneys work harder.
- Omega-3 fatty acids aid in the reduction of inflammation and the delaying of renal deterioration. Fish oil has also been shown to reduce blood pressure and undesirable proteins in urine.
- Phosphate binders - While specialized renal health foods are low in phosphate (which affects the kidneys), your cat will benefit from phosphate binders in supplements as well. Binders will limit phosphate absorption in the diet.
- Vitamin C and B are both water-soluble vitamins that are easily lost by frequent and badly processed urine. They are both important for overall well-being and immune systems, thus supplementing them is beneficial.
- Cranberries include characteristics that inhibit dangerous bacteria from adhering to cells in the kidney and urinary tract lining, hence preventing UTIs.
- Alkalizers - the kidneys are the primary regulators of the body's acid-base balance. Because of impaired renal function, cats with kidney illness tend to be more acidic internally. To help restore pH balance and alleviate symptoms, alkaline ions (sodium bicarbonate, potassium citrate, calcium carbonate) are advised.
It is critical to take cats suffering from renal decline, illness, or failure to a skilled veterinarian. Because kidney illness is permanent, your veterinarian will assist you in supporting your cat as they cope with their condition.
Supplements, in addition to proper nutrition, hydration, and medicine, can provide outstanding support for your cat's kidneys. Because of its active ingredient, chitosan, Vetoguinol Epakitin Powder is our top choice.
Vet's Best Chewable Tablets, BestForPets' (bestforpets.org) close runner-up and best value, have naturally derived components for a holistic approach to your cat's health.
These best cat kidney supplements have received numerous positive evaluations, are beneficial to owners and their beloved pets, and may assist your cat!